Monday, April 12, 2010

Project 2-essay(1&2 together)

I went through a long series of thoughts and sketches trying to find the right design for this course catalog project. During the class critique, it was brought to my attention that some of the elements of my cover were not aligned properly. By making alignment changes and fixing some of my layers I think I’ve created a visually stronger cover. I tried to show emphasis and contrast by putting the photos in Polaroid’s that I created. The Polaroid’s white frame creates a good contrast with the dark background, making the actual photo pop out more. I think that the Polaroid’s create emphasis because they make the photos the most important part. I think that my project flows really well. I wanted your eye to start at the top cluster 2010-2012, zip-zag down through the photos, across the BCC Logo, and up the tagline. As far as repetition goes I tried to keep the photos at the same couple angles. I think that my cover is pretty well balanced. Even though all of the photos are layered to the left, I think that the bold black band/pattern balances the two sides out. My course catalog cover visually communicates the mission statement by using text to pull the viewer in and by usually friendly and inviting pictures. These pictures look like the viewer could have taken them, and if they attend BCC they could be proud of their school, determined, and very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment